Luxury Strollers Buying Guide
As a parent, you always look for the best for your baby. A stroller is an essential purchase that you make. However, are you still in a dilemma to select the right stroller for your baby? Do too many options confuse your mind?
There is a wide range of strollers available in the market with various features. But are you wondering, other than ensuring the safety and comfort of your baby, what are the requirements that you need to look into while buying a stroller?
Our Top Picks
Look no further, we have brought to you a luxury stroller buying guide with a checklist that will help you choose the best ride for your baby. By the end of this article, you will be able to head straight to the store and pick the right stroller.
In this article, you will get to know about:
- Points to consider while buying a luxury stroller.
- Range of strollers with characteristics & limitations.
- Test Drive- A final checklist.
Before Buying a Luxury Stroller:
While the comfort and safety of the baby will be your top priority, you will also have to think about what type of stroller will be best for your needs. If you are a traveling mom, it would be a necessity to buy a stroller that is compact. Similarly, if you are a parent following a fitness routine, then you might want to buy a jogger stroller. Let’s see how to decide on the luxury stroller that not only comforts your baby but meets your needs too.
Some convertible strollers available in the market can be bought as a single stroller. You can buy the extra seat if needed. There is a wide range of double strollers and triple strollers available in the market that can make things easier for you as well.
Since the terrain of the places you travel vary, all-terrain strollers are the best fit for you- the one that has all-wheel suspensions with higher shock-absorbing capacity. They also have to be lightweight and easy-to-carry. Below are the top 3 travel strollers that are parents favorite.
Manufacturers specially design strollers for joggers like you. They have larger air-filled tires to absorb shock while running. With more safety features, these strollers ensure a safe ride with the baby even at a faster speed.
Other points to consider before buying a jogging stroller is the storage capacity, age and weight of your baby, folded size of the stroller, and its weight. The cost of a stroller may vary from $200 to $1500 depending upon the type of stroller, quality of the frame, and the fabric used.
Now that you know the points to be considered while buying a stroller, let’s dive into some varieties of strollers for you to choose the perfect one from.
back to menu ↑
Types of Strollers: Pros & Cons
Lightweight Luxury Strollers:
Lightweight strollers can be ideal for a quick trip to the grocery store or for a long journey. Their compact fold makes it easier to handle them on the go. They are also known as umbrella strollers. Most used during travel, these strollers can be very light to carry on a shoulder and/or very easy to fold and put it in the overhead bin of an airplane.
- Easy to fold, lightweight, and compact to store.
- Convenient to carry.
- Best for parents usually on the go.
- Less maneuverability.
- Less storage space.
- Not recommended for babies younger than 6 months.
Jogging Luxury Strollers
Jogging strollers are best suited for parents who love to work out. You can take your baby on a jog without worrying about your baby’s safety and comfort. Its three/four large air-filled tires are best shock absorbers and ensure a smooth ride to the baby even at high speed.
- Heavyweight – holding capacity.
- Smooth ride on all-terrain even at high speed.
- Easy to push, ensuring a comfortable ride.
- Bulky and takes up a good amount of storage space.
- May / may not fit into the car trunk.
- It will require you to keep a check on the air pressure of the tire.
Convertible Luxury Strollers:
A convertible stroller is the one that can be converted into a double stroller. This stroller grows with your family just by adding a second seat to it. The seat adapters and second/third seats are always available optionally to buy.
There are also a plethora of options available in double/triple jogging strollers that can be converted into more seats.
- One time purchase for your growing family.
- Reversible seats and flexibility.
- Comparatively bulky and costlier.
- Heavy to push.
Complete Stroller – Car Seat Carrier
A hybrid, car seat carrier is basically the infant car seat transforming into a stroller. They are the most sold strollers and are very commonly used by most families.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Convenient as it eases the in and out movement from the car.
- Short shield life as the baby outgrows the infant car seat very soon.
- No storage basket
- Not suitable for tall parents.
back to menu ↑
Test Drive- A Final Checklist
Have you ever bought a car without a test drive? No, Right? Then why can’t you test drive your baby’s stroller? You can try it in the store but the real-life experience will vary. While you might be a bit confused about how to test drive, we have made an easy test drive checklist for your convenience of choosing the right stroller.
- Baby Check: The safety and comfort of the baby is the prime consideration while buying a stroller. While your baby might be an infant now but keep in mind that the little one will soon weigh 50 pounds. So, without any hesitation, throw in some luggage to check the ease with which the stroller pushes.
- Check the maneuverability by trying to turn and twist it. Also, give it a shake side by side to check the sturdiness of the stroller.
- Parent check: Check if the handlebars are adjustable and comfortable. You are going to walk the stroller so do check for the legroom space to ensure your comfort.
- One-hand fold check: This is one of the important checks. You are going to fold the stroller ample times while holding your baby in the other hand. Try folding the stroller with one hand and check the ease with which it can fold.
- Carry the folded stroller on your shoulder or lift it to check its weight. Also, try unlocking it and note the ease to get the stroller back in its place.
- Car check: Take the folded stroller to your car and check if it can fit in your trunk. You can measure the size if it doesn’t to get the compatible one.
- Storage check: You may have to carry a lot of gears with you while strolling with your baby. Don’t forget to have a storage check as per your requirement.
back to menu ↑
Strollers that come with 5 point harness are the best ones; it includes two shoulder straps, two waist straps, and a crotch strap. These belts are height and body adjustable.
While you jog in the fresh daylight or glaring sun, your babies might not feel the need to do the same. Babies need to be covered from any foul weather. Hence, canopies are a must while choosing your double jogger stroller. All strollers come with different types of canopies. The pull-down canopies are most used as they can cover the head as well as the front of the stroller.
Then, there are reversible canopies that you can pull whichever side your baby needs to be covered. Also, there are canopies that fully cover the stroller and just has a little plastic window from where you can keep an eye on your baby. These are helpful as your baby can be completely covered; however, it becomes a little confined and babies tend not to like it.
We hope the luxury stroller buying guide has helped you in making your selection process easier to get the perfect stroller for your baby.